a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...a blogger made a terrible Star Wars reference when posting about galaxy nails.

I first spotted this manicure on pinterest but have seen it pop up on several blogs across the internet. after some research, I decided I wanted to try something that wasn't too literal but had more definition than these. the best tutorial I found came from here.


I started with an essie black licorice base coat [since I don't own a navy - wierd, right?] and just went crazy sponging on different colored blobs to make nebulae and constellations. I made sure to use the light gray color to give it a "milky way" feel. links to the colors used: go overboard, no more film, mezmerised, tour de finance, and master plan. oh. and that one really random sally hansen gold. you will definitely get your fingers messy with this manicure, but that's the fun part! just use a cotton swab and some polish remover to clean up when you are done sponging.


I swiped and swirled on some set in stones glitter so it looked like a few defined stars, and topped it with a coat of vanity fairest which gave everything a super sheer coat of teeny tiny pink sparkles.


I love the way this milky way manicure turned out... so dreamy.  the design is subtle enough that it works with just about everything in my closet. and even though it uses a lot of colors and glitter, it's not too flashy. I'd love to wear them with a little black dress to a fancy party [maybe new years?] I hope you try them out too, because I know I definitely will be rocking galaxy nails again!


 
Top