the other day I went up to the roof of our building to explore. it's all tiles and cement with a few piles of random junk. oh, and one piece of driftwood [not joking]. I brought my camera and a bottle of Pellegrino up with me. it was hot, but breezy on the roof. and the light was just about perfect.

I took a sip out of the bottle and looked down at the condensation and it just stunned me for a minute how beautiful something so simple as drops of water could be. and the water on the bottle next to my watercolor manicure and all the blues and greens... of course I had to photograph it.



to create the watercolor manicure, I used this plastic bag technique with a base color of navigate her, paint smudges of mezmerised, pretty edgy, go overboard, turquoise and caicos, with a coat of turquoise and caicos on top. it's probably the messiest manicure I've ever tried, but a qtip and remover will take off the extra. I almost quit this one halfway in because it looked so sloppy. thankfully I tried to embrace the mess and once it was done, I loved it.

 
Top